Saturday, September 27, 2008

Most commonly used....

(by Stephanie)

Phrases:
  1. Oh my goodness!- Possible Meanings: Oh WOW! I can't believe it! That's amazing! Best news I heard in a long time!
  2. Oh my word!- Possible Meanings: Oh WOW! I can't believe! That's terrible! That's awful!
  3. Oh. My. Word.- Possible Meanings: Did you just say what I think you said?!?! Are you crazy? Is there something wrong with you? WHAT is wrong with you?!?!
  4. For crying out loud!- Possible Meanings: Someone come take me out for icecream, or better yet, throw chocolate in my direction, preferably several pieces.

Adjectives:

  1. Crazy-(When describing some weird behavior by a stranger) Possible Meanings: There's something really possibly wrong with that person; strange; crazy; insane. Could be used simultaneously with number 3 above.
  2. Crazy- (When describing a family member) Possible Meanings: Goofy; weird; strange; unique; and well, a little crazy.
  3. Crazy- (When describing a friend) Possible Meanings: Quirky; spontaneous; fun; light-hearted.
  4. Crazy- (When describing myself) Possible Meanings: See numbers 1-3 above.

How can a person tell what is meant when I use one of my most commonly used phrases/adjectives? I don't know. I know exactly what I mean when I say it. For everyone else, it's a possible unsolved mystery.

No comments: