Monday, November 08, 2010

Plant Love

I have mentioned my first plant child (a ficus), Blanche, on multiple occasions. A few months ago, I bought a second plant child. This plant is a Pothos. Her name is Germania. She is green and beautiful. And, while Blanche has the privilege of being my first plant, Germania is growing in my heart.


This morning, when I arrived at work, my beautiful plant was drooping. Apparently the weekend, lack of sun (I forgot to open the blinds) and the need for water had overwhelmed her. So, as any plant parent would do, I took action. I watered her, rubbed a few of her leaves, and said a few soothing words.

A few hours later, I looked at Germania and noticed that her drooping leaves had already started to revive and lift up. A little water went a long way.

Sometimes, I realize I am a little droopy. My heart is sad, my attitude is worse and laying on my couch is the only place I want to be. It's during those times that I need more than a little drink of water.

Those times, are times that I must remember to turn to the Keeper of my heart, and the Lifter of my head. He is better than a little drink of water.

No comments: