Friday, November 05, 2010

13 months and counting

The past 2 years have been a new experience for me as well as for all my friends and family (So sorry for all the drama)! I've started to work toward my graduate's degree in Elementary Education. At this point, I'm on track to graduate in January 2012. I am very excited. I also really enjoy learning and going to school, however...There are days when I am not sure that I am cut out to be a full time student. I am not quite sure how I managed to do it the first time around, let alone doing it now as a full time employee! I have persevered, however, due to a lot of encouragement and support.

10 Ten Things that I Will Not Forget: (after two years back in school)
1. I have always been a late night person. I still am. I was never an early morning person. I'm still not. Staying up late + getting up early = Cranky.
2. Worrying incessantly about whether or not you passed a test is not a good way for a person to spend the weekend. Plus, I'm pretty sure worrying can cause ulcers. It also can cause violence. I have been threatened that the next time I say I failed a test I will be beaten. So this next time around I will do my best to not say anything about failing. I cannot guarantee that I won't think it. But, I won't say it. That's a start right?
3. Encouraging words actually helped me make it through. There were moments when I thought I might not.
4. As a young college student, I could live without pizza. I still can.
5. The Geometric Proof. I finally can figure out a proof. I still don't know why I need to know how to prove a triangle is an isosceles, but if I need to, I'm all over it.
6. The Nez Perce tribe are from the Pacific Northwest. I will not forget this.
7. The three paintings, Battle of the Amazons, Heart of the Andes and the Volga Boatmen are very similar.
8. Eunice Kennedy Shiver helped to found and create the Special Olympics.
9. Staying up until midnight- bad idea at 20. Definitely a bad idea now.
10. Every child, is valuable. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

No comments: