Tuesday, June 01, 2010

National Blog Posting Month

I was around thirty feet. I had sixty more to go to reach the top, and I didn't want to move. I had repelled down, just about an hour previously, 120ish feet. At that moment, (the moment I reached the bottom), I was relieved. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins like a pulse. I was done with my challenge. My "fear" of heights didn't beat me. Then, I was grabbed, the rope was hooked to my harness.
"You're going back up."
Ummm...
I was gonna hike up the trail to the top.
But now. I was strapped in. Helmet was firmly in place. Belay was on, and I was going up.
The adrenaline was pumping again. That's when I found myself thirty feet up standing on a ledge. Stalling.
I didn't want to move. So, I didn't...at least for a while.

The cries from below were loud. "Stephanie, you can do it! You can do all things through Christ!"
That wasn't the point. I didn't want to climb.
But, would it be possible for us to get a rescue squad to get me down?
*****

I signed up for National Blogging Month. I signed my name to the commitment. What's the commitment? I am required to write each day, Monday through Friday (I think just M-F). I may only make it through one day. Maybe two. Regardless, here's a toast to my best effort.

Updates:
  • I finished my last term for school, (this could be old news, but oh well). I decided to take three months off. Settling in to my new apartment, and into my new job have been taking up much of my time. August will come, and I will start again. For now, my brain is enjoying the break.
  • In the mean time I have been reading. Books and books and books. Fun books as I call them. I have enjoyed losing myself in the stories. Practicing piano. Hanging with friends. Putting up pictures. Relaxing.
  • May closed out with a visit from the family. The 'rents and my bub came for a visit. We ate. Played games. Watched movies, and over all had a great weekend.
  • Over the next month, I'll be doing much of the same. Interjected with a trip to Texas, to a family reunion. Concerts and Six Flags. Hopefully some beach time with Party Barge II and some trips to the pool.
*****
By the way, I did reach the top. We all celebrated. We danced and high fived as each person came up and over the top. There were tears. There was laughter.
I am glad I decided to move. And, it's been said before, but the view is always better from the top.

That's all for today.
Wish me luck on writing tomorrow!
Love to all,

1 comment:

Camille said...

This is a great goal! I want to blog too...i'll try to remember M-F along with you! :)