Friday, March 26, 2010

Oh the Places You'll Go!

I am sitting in my apartment, literally surrounded by boxes of.. STUFF. I am moving. I feel like I should say, moving again although I guess it's not really been so recent as to say again, but it feels that way. Three years ago I moved to my apartment, and I was extremely excited. It was a new little place, cute and perfect for me.

I am just as excited to be moving, this time, ten minutes from where I currently live. I always find it amazing to look back and see what's changed. Yes I moved three years ago, but more than that, life is different now. New job, back to school, new decade. In the middle of all of this "chaotic-ness" I have been riding a bit of a roller coaster. I tend to not do so well when I feel like things are in an upheaval. That's what they have been as of late. But, here I am looking into next week, knowing that things will be okay, they will calm down (as much as life can be calm) and it will all be good.

Just a few weeks ago, my friend Cindy, looked at me and said, "Why do you think God can't give you good things?" I was at that moment experiencing anxiety. Waiting to hear about my new apartment. Waiting to start my new job. Waiting. Waiting. Worrying. It struck me, at that moment, that she was right, I don't always expect good things from God. While I hope, and sure even pray, for something good to happen, I find I rarely expect it. Why? I don't know. And yet, His awesomeness does surround me. He does bless me with good things- family, friends, good job, good car. His Word even says that He has plans for those who trust Him, follow Him and commit to His ways.

Psalm 81:6
He says, "I removed the burden from their shoulders;
their hands were set free from the basket."

So as I pack, and move, I am reminded that He will continually have good things in store for me.
What about you?

Quick updates:
  • This is the big move weekend! Today I picked up my keys, and tonight I begin the transfer of objects! Tomorrow I'll be all set! Maybe not unpacked, but at least moved in!
  • My new job started just a mere five days ago. So far, so good. Lots of reading and meeting new people, learning new things, and it'll be a challenge, but I'm up for it.
  • My term is almost up for the school year. I've finished all my exams. I will be taking a break for a few months as I get ready for the next term to begin.
  • I have ONE more day to post about my cruise journey, but I've had a bit going on. More to come very soon.
  • Time to change the blog template. Despite the snow we had just a few days ago, I'm pretty sure spring is about to settle in. Spring, for me, always comes with hope. Who doesn't love hoping that warm weather, sunshine and flowers are on the way!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Be careful moving. I love you. I miss you.