Monday, January 25, 2010

At the Airport...Again

This time, however, I was actually given a boarding pass. (More about that later)
I am sitting in the Fort Lauderdale Airport, about to leave the balmy weather behind.

Today we are heading home. I say we, meaning myself along with my family. We had to wake up early, and by early I mean 4:30 my time. I am not sure that 4:30 was ever created with the intent of anyone actually being awake at 4:30. For those of you who know me, and for those who don't, know that I am not a morning sunshine person. The people I work with have learned that as I walk in to the office, and they yell "Good morning, Stephanie," I'm more likely to grunt my response. Sometimes I will say "Morning." It's just the "GOOD" part. Catch me in the afternoon, or at least after 10:30 when I can start pretending to be awake.

Despite my lack of pleasure with waking up in the morning, I do like going home. How is it that it is always good to go, and always good to come back?

Tonight I will be sleeping in my bed. I will be in my apartment, which will seem like a mansion after the small cabin I've been sleeping in all week long. Once I get home I have a list of things to accomplish: laundry, cleaning, dusting, grocery shopping, studying (Back to school work!).

All for now. Next stop- Nashville

1 comment:

Rita said...

I am not a morning person either! I love you!