Sunday, January 31, 2010

And....I'm back (Kinda)

I arrived home last Monday, after having ridden in a taxi to my apartment from Midway, and then after hauling my luggage down all the stairs to my apartment, I realized my vacation from reality was over. I was smacked in the forehead with a wet cold wind (literally), snow flying around (also literally), my refrigerator empty, and the laundry pile twice the size as when I left (because as we all know even though we go on vacation, dirty clothes still happen).

I realized stepping into my apartment, which although in the Midwestish are of the US, it was home, and there is always something about coming home. At the same time, I felt this feeling of crashing and burning. The vacation (posts to come) was nice. And relaxing. And sadly over. With no new big events to look forward to, life looked as bleak as the dreary outside.

But, that's life isn't it? While there are big events, moments that we plan, and mark in pen in our day planner (okay, so I like writing all sorts of things like taking out the trash in my planner, I'm talking about other moments), life is generally made up of all sorts of other moments. Smaller moments. Quieter moments. The every day moments, that when you add them up and take a picture, and sit down on your couch and reflect, well those moments make life good. They make life, life.

Today is Sunday.
Tomorrow I'm looking at going to work, and it's going to be a long day. No vacations ahead in the near future. I didn't do my laundry. (It's cold outside and I don't want to go down the stairs.) I need to vacuum and dust.
Despite all that. Life is good. I am happy.

Now, maybe I should finally go unpack.

Psalm 81:16
But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."

"There is some element of risk to living your dreams."

No comments: