Thursday, April 19, 2007

Facing Fears

So last night I decided to accomplish something that I've never done before...

I went into the attic at church!

It was very scary- mock me if you like, but it was a terrifying experience. (I was moving all of the Easter Eggs into the church attic for storage). The entire time I continually said to myself, "I climbed a mountain, I can be in the attic."

Strange how our mind plays tricks on us. The entire time I was paranoid that I would come crashing through the floor. Every step I took I tried to make sure that I was holding onto something. I am also petrified of the hole where the ladder comes up. That is probably the weirdest fear of all. It's as though I'm afraid no matter where I am in the attic I will some how fall, and manage to catapult down the attic ladder to the hard floor below.

Needless to say, I thought about posting more pictures of how the attic looked inside, BUT I didn't want to have to go back INTO the attic. I had enough of facing fears for one night.

No comments: