Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And so a star has been born...

I stepped outside my apartment this morning ready to charge off to work. It was a quiet morning. The ground was speckled with dark spots from the rain that couldn't decide if it wanted to come on full force, or give way to sunshine.
The commute was the norm- fast moving cars, people eating doughnuts, stop lights and the like. I arrived at work as usual. I entered the corporate building little realizing that my life was about to change.
I was sitting in my humble cube at the end of my row when the cameras appeared. For approximately fifteen minutes I was in the spotlight, the Glory Land. I was living in the fast life- I loved the cameras and they loved me back. (Of course, the filming was for a promotional video for my company and because of the amount of people being used in the video my fame will more than likely be contained to fifteen seconds) And then the cameras stopped. And the lights faded. It was time for me to move back into reality.
There are those dreams that we all have. These dreams seem to lay just out of my reach, beyond where I can touch them, but close enough so that I know that they exsist. The wonderful thing is that while I have so many dreams that may come and go, God has so many more dreams that are better than my own, and more wonderful than anything I could have ever imagined.
In Jeremiah 29:11 it's written, "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future..."
So maybe I won't be a famous Hollywood star, but a girl can dream right?

2 comments:

Rita said...

very cool. i tried figuring out how to post a pic on blogger but maybe i was reading the instructions wrong. it looked like i had to transform a pic into a link....i may send u a pic this weekend and have you post it...if that is all right. i am busy nwith papers and finals but i did post on my blog today...nothing fabulous but who cares? i miss you. when i get a free few minutes we need to chat cause we haven't in a few days and i am going crazy cause we normally talk more than we have been.....writing papers til the sun don't shine....rit

Anonymous said...

da'ling!! you're simply gorgeous!!!
love ya!
aj