Monday, March 20, 2006

Where is your treasure?



When I was younger I had a box where I kept my top secret treasures. Now, keep in mind my top secret treasures weren't all that exciting. I think I had a picture of an actor from my favorite television show (he was so cute), and other miscellaneous items. Nonetheless, they were my prized possessions. It was kept in a very secure location, and on my fire escape route, it would be one of the items I grabbed and carried to safety.


Of course, there are other special treasures that I now have, that I can't keep in a little box in my closet. In Matthew 6:19-21 it says, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


What a reminder to keep our heart in check. We all have earthly treasures, things that we hold dear, but our true treasures should be found in heaven.

Where is your treasure?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what actor was it?

Stephanie Hunter said...

The actor will remain a secret...