Sunday, March 19, 2006

Captivating

I just finished reading the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. It is a good reminder of why God created us and how much He loves us.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes/statements from the book:

"We have known women you might describe as "frumpy" who seemed to care nothing for their appearance. We have seen them become women who possessed great beauty...they discovered they were deeply loved, as their hearts came alive in response to the Great Romancer."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He takes great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i am one of those frumpy women you speak of darling. a frumpy grumpy thats me.
but you were rite they are beautiful quotes from your book. love ya sweetie,
anonymously ellen
it is a really pretty picture too.

Sarah said...

I just finished reading that too! I absolutely loved it - it was so good to be reminded of my Lover who romances my soul. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this book too. :)