Wednesday, January 23, 2013

But a Breath...

I was shocked. I ran to my car, and did not take much notice of the temperature. It wasn't until after it had warmed up and I was on my way that I realized I could still see my breath.  The cold chill had infiltrated into the interior of my car, and regardless of the high temp heat forcing it's way in, the cold was winning.... soon to be losing, but not as of yet.

A  breath, a deep breath, or shallow one, is still only seconds in length at best. Our lives, are the same. They last for longer than a second, but life is fleeting. We have no guarantee of tomorrow, let alone even the remainder of the day.

This year, I set forth in a huge effort to wrinkle reduce (which basically means not walking around with my cranky face).  I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again and again.  Each day I get up, my circumstances may be less than what I hoped for. I may not feel well, I may wake up late, there could be a weird smell in the apartment hallway (gotta love apartment living), but I am working. Working hard to be better at living a complaint free life.  Working at looking at the positive, making sure I'm "never fully dressed without a smile," dancing when I'm feeling a little blue, memorizing a new song when I need to get away.



I do not want to get to the end of my length of days, and regret a moment, a breath, whether it be a second or an hour.  The plan is to work hard, smile more frequently, get Blanche back to good, make some projects (keep those same projects confined to the Craft Cabinet instead of all over the couch and living room floor).


I want to be a magnificent light.  All of you- those who surround me, those who see me daily, or once a year, those who are my family, my friends, those who know me best, and those who only wish they knew me more- are a part of my little life journey. We walk the road together.  You have seen me (and I'm really sorry) at my worstest worst. I choose though to make tomorrow anew, and to begin again.  (I could say I'll start now, but at home with Blanchey Blanche, I'm fairly relaxed and pleasant.) But tomorrow, tomorrow the test will come.  I want to be like Jesus.  The man who loved, full of compassion. The man who welcomed people in with a smile. I am a long, long, long, (it would get repetitive) way off, but these feet were made for walking, and my heart and mind are  ready for working. 

 Life is but a breath, and quite frankly I'm going to make the most of it.

Make it a good one friends.
Love to all,

No comments: