Wednesday, September 30, 2009

October- The Month of Heath and Wellness

While you may not find any record of October being the month of Health, my coworker and I have decided that is what it is going to be for us!
What does that mean?
  1. Going to bed in a timely manner. (Me going to bed at 12:30 every night- not a good idea.)
  2. Less caffeine. This one will be challenging. See number one. I have been surviving on number two.
  3. Lots and lots of water.
  4. Exercising.
  5. A little chocolate every day. Before you contradict me, saying that this one will only cause a detour on my route to health and wellness, this one is essential. Essential for all those who see me every day. A little chocolate goes a long way in keeping my sanity.
I'll be finishing up with my term for school in around a week. This last term has been full of no tests, but approximately twenty short papers... And only two to go! I am look forward to the short break that I will have until November 1st. Then it's back to work!

During my break I have a few things planned, right along with rest, relaxation, and cleaning. Along with that there will be cookies for work, piano for me, and Christmas presents to finish and buy. I am determined to start and finish my shopping early this year!

A final note:

A ship captain was on his ship when a storm rolled in. His family was with him, and as the waves rolled in and the boat rocked, his wife came to him, crying in terror.
"Why are you not afraid of the storm?!" she exclaimed.
The captain drew his sword and held it close to his wife's chest. He asked her, "Are you not afraid?"
"No."
"Why?" he asked.
"Well, I know the one who holds the sword."
He responded, "I know the one who holds the storm."
Adapted from a commentary

It is easy so many times to look at the waves, at the storm, and forget the one who holds the storm in his hands. I am guilty at looking at a situation and giving up. Laying in bed, covers over my head, shivering in terror. The reality is, as long as I look at the one who is holding the storm, and not the storm itself, I will make it through.

Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in
safety.

There are times when things are scary. There are wars, and storms. There is sickness, and even death. These are things that make me anxious. At times I feel as though there is nothing that can keep me safe. God, and only God provides the peace inside my heart. That peace allows me to trust that despite the waves, despite the holes in my boat, despite my circumstances, I will come through the other side.
God can do the same for you.

Make tomorrow beautiful. Love to you all,

No comments: