Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day with Dad

On Friday night I picked my dad up from the airport, and the next day we experienced a day of fun!
First stop- Whistlestop Cafe in downtown Fox Lake. No, we did not have bar-b-que for those of you thinkin' Fried Green Tomatoes, but, we had a "skillet" of tasty goodness!
Next stop- downtown Chicago to the Field Museum. I would like to say that we made it with no problems, so that's exactly what I'm going TO say! (But really, we did!)


I thought these were super cool:


These are lions from the movie Ghosts in the Darkness. The lions were responsible for killing 140 people!


This is my Totem Pole Face. I thought it was a good likeness:


On Saturday, I found out a little about my heritage. (Some of it I already knew.) But I am some German, Irish and Cherokee Indian. I walked around the Native American exhibit looking for Cherokee indians....Finally I found her:
I know the picture is somewhat hard to see, it was dark, and it was hard to get a good shot, but I think if you look closely you can see the resemblance!


These little creatures look like something right out of Jurassic Park. If you watch long enough you can actually see them moving!
My dad and Sue:


Baby Dino:



This thing is SO cool!


Could it be a moose??? Put down your rifles- this thing is already LONG gone!
And finally-

Many people think that this is the Aztec calendar, but in fact, it's not. I would love to explain what it is, but I have to remember first!
I loved the face in the middle. I wonder if they actually used a model and if it's a true likeness to any particular person.

After the museum we made a quick little trip across town (really only 2 miles) and I dropped my dad off on the side of the road. Literally, I did. I pointed at a section of the sidewalk, and said, "Go there, and then walk that way, and then you'll be at the train station." My directions were apparently PERFECT because he made it without any problems to the South Shore, and I successfully navigated my way north, and out of Chicago.

The End.

4 comments:

Rita said...

looks like you had a fun day!

Janet Rose said...

You make Chicago look and sound like alot of fun. Been there once and never really desired to go back again. Maybe one day I will.
Stopping by from Wednesday's Walk.

Stephanie Hunter said...

Thanks for stopping by Janet Rose!

Stacey said...

That's definitely a great perk to blogging about everyday life, you capture memories!

Thanks for linking up with Lazy Wed Walk!
The Lazy Mom was here.
www.imalazymom.com