Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Full of hot air?

Well, apparently my dryer is not, at least there's some sort of issue in the inner workers of the drying machine. So this past weekend, through last night it has been one dryer kaffufle after another in order to get it repaired. So, on this fine Tuesday afternoon, the dryer is still broken and my clothes are all wet.
So, in my dryer anguish last night (after the repair man had stolen away into the darkness) I was alone in my house with my thoughts. Here I was in a newly rented house (FYI, I am now renting a house, I have a roommate, and my own bathroom- pictures to come) wailing. I have a washer and a dryer (albeit broken), a place to sleep, food to eat, air conditioning, new carpet (so soft) and I'm moaning over a broken dryer like my life is over. Let's not forget that only 2 short weeks ago, I was dragging my laundry all over creation in order to have it washed, AND all of my life was crammed into my closet and under my bed. So, I was going through my list ofwoes, moaning, all very pathetcic.
And then, there was light.
Once again, God wacked me upside the head in the middle of my distress and sent me a reminder that He is in charge. He is in control of my life, if I let Him be. He takes care of me, meets my needs....I could go on and on. But, all that being said, a little dryer certainly does not put a kink in His plans, and it's certainly nothing for me to be distraught over.
So I got up today, went to work, went to a job interview and just finished eating my lunch. And, I don't know what will happen. I don't know when my dryer will be fixed (or if the repair man will actually show up to fix it); I don't know how much our gas bill will be or if I will get this new job, BUT this I do know- God's with me all the way.

Meantime- Anyone got hot air? I've got some clothes to dry.

Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 57:10 For great is your love, reachign to the heavenls; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

5 comments:

Rita said...

there is always something to keep us busy huh?

Anonymous said...

g - if i didn't read your blog i wouldn't know anything about you... call me!
aj

Sarah said...

Yea for your own washer and dryer! [Even if one doesn't work] what a luxury that is!

Rita said...

posted pics of our new home to be....check them out

Rita said...

where have you been? have not heard from you in a few days?????